Thursday, September 3, 2009

Procrastination Station (catchy, no?)

I'm not sure if it's because it's hot outside, or if I'm still recovering from my week in the midwest + insane trip to LA, or if I'm too overwhelmed to do anything -- but these last two days / two weeks I feel like I've done nothing.  

Remember that grand post about fixing my French?  Yeah, that was on August 12.  As of this moment I have 19 podcasts that haven't been listened to.  So, basically, using my awesome math skills, (31 - 12 +3) - 19 = I am a bum!   

I have been doing some things, for example: I downloaded about 25 lesson plans, and I bought some fake American money and a map of the US and some flash cards of the States (yay dollar bin at Target!), and Razu's paperwork is all ready (this cat is really expensive - $120 in vet bills, $75 for the carrier, $30 for the harness and leash, plus another $200 each way to fly him), I also called my health insurance and pharmacy (but lost both battles), and I looked up some more apartments and e-mailed my soon to be roommate and two grad school professors -- but each of these things took, like, 10 minutes.  If you add those up it still equals me being a bum.

I had 4 things on my to do list today:
1. go to the bank
2. go to doctor's office to pick up prescription
3. e-mail Alain, my contact person
4. plan birthday

It's 1:50pm and I'm sitting unshowered, in my pajamas -- and no, I didn't go to the bank or the doctor looking like this.  So have I accomplished anything, you might ask?  Well, kinda.  I did more or less plan my birthday (woot!).  I also looked through my new textbook sized vogue, and made myself lunch, and poked around the internet (but I did not e-mail Alain).  Productivity?  Not so much.

So I'm going to click "Publish Post" and haul myself right into the shower ...  (do you believe me?)

No comments:

Post a Comment