Friday, March 19, 2010

Good news!

The government agency that helps pay your rent (CAF) has finally decided to help me!  This is pretty amazing, considering that it only took them 1 month after my file was complete to make a decision! (never mind that I’ve been working on that file for 3 months.)  This is actually a very quick turn around considering that others have been working on their files for 6 months and still don’t have a response!  I ended up getting 129 euros a month for 2009!  Pretty awesome!


Also, the weather is officially gorgeous - and appears to be here to stay!  There are flowers popping up everywhere, birds singing and lots of sunshine! 




 I’ve been wearing my light jacket, and there are moments during the day when I don’t even need it!  In two days I haven’t needed the radiators and have been keeping the place warm by just propping the windows open!  Razu is beyond excited (end even got to go to the park on Monday - and will probably get to go again this weekend) and has spent his morning running around the house desperately trying to get outside.  Unlucky for him, I’ve figured out a way to prop the main window only slightly open -  about 2 inches too small for him to get out of.  At least he’s getting some nice, fresh air!


Here’s some photos of the little guy during his outdoor adventure.  Check out that stylish leash/harness combo!


Razu meets the flowers


stealth mode across the grass


that tree will never be the same


escape mode ... my arms will never be the same


angrily going home


In other not so happy news, my body appears to be the perfect candidate for every cold that France has to offer.  Apparently, the exposure to a high school full of students combined with a new climate, stress and 12 bus rides a week equals 6 colds in 6 months.  Bummer.

2 comments:

  1. Don't know what they call them in other countries--but those are crocus!

    So glad for you. Here we have orange blossoms. A good week for long walks!

    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you know the name of those things! I've been asking everyone!

    Today Razu will meet daffodils ... I'm staying far away from trees.

    The flowers are awesome, but I just don't think anything can beat orange blossoms. I'm pretty jealous. Orléans just smells like... well, traffic, urine, and dust. Not quite as nice.

    ReplyDelete