Saturday, June 5, 2010

Thoughts on leaving

It’s very hard to believe that in one week I’ll be on a plane, Razu by my feet, going home.  It’s an odd feeling.  On the one hand, I’m so very excited to see everyone that I’ve missed, on the other hand I know that what I’m leaving, I can’t come back to.  It’s not that I can’t come back to France - it’s that if I do, it won’t be the same.  The people that I’ve shared these 7-8 months with are some of the most incredible people and, of course, they won’t be here.  But beyond that,  after 8 months, I do finally feel like I live here.  And that feeling of comfort (most likely shaped enormously by the good weather) makes it hard to go elsewhere.  I felt the same way leaving home in the first place - I was leaving something really comfortable and moving into the unknown.  This time, I’m leaving a place of comfort and going back to my previous comfort space - but will it be the same?  Will I feel the same?  It’s a big question.  

No comments:

Post a Comment