Monday, December 7, 2009

Welcome to Chez-moi!

Well after many promises - I’ve finally taken pictures of my lovely apartment! I was going to include some pictures of my street and the street side view of my building, but for safety reasons I’ve decided against it (you never know who’s reading!)

But just imagine a really cute French street with cute buildings all different colors (in the beige family), now imagine you’ve reaching a nice, 3 story brown building -- that’s me!

So after you send me a text (my buzzer thing doesn’t work) I’d come down the crazy stairs open the door:

(Question: take a good look at this picture - how many hands do you think you’d need to open this door? Answer: a minimum of two.)

I’d meet you at the door, lead you down a hallway that always smells chemically, into a courtyard. Now look up, that top window belongs to me!
(No, I don’t have a ghost, that’s just Seamus looking out the window)

Next we’d go through this crazy door:
(no, I don't live in the tool shed)

And up these stairs:
(these are the nice stairs)

And then after we’d climbed the second set of stairs you would look down and see this:
(oh yes, everyday is an adventure)

This is my front door, all decorated with my amazing peacock feather wreath (thank you 2 euro store!):

Opening the door, this is my apartment!

Here’s my bed:
(complete with cat)

Bookcase:

View into the kitchen:

Stove, sink and window/skylight thing:
(During the day, it’s a lovely view of the back of a church.)

Kitchen table + oven:

Bathroom, well all you can see from a single angle -- you can kinda see the (rather small) hot water heater that makes it impossible to see a better view of the rest of the bathroom:

View looking out of the kitchen back into the main room:


Not pictured - toilet room (because, well, it’s the size of a closet and only has a toilet in it ... so you can just imagine that one).

And that’s it! I love this place!

No comments:

Post a Comment